As per the UN SG bulletin, the term “sexual exploitation” means any actual or attempted abuse of a position of vulnerability, differential power, or trust, for sexual purposes, including, but not limited to, profiting monetarily, socially or politically from the sexual exploitation of another. Similarly, the term sexual abuse means the actual or threatened physical intrusion of a sexual nature, whether by force or under unequal or coercive conditions.
Protection from sexual exploitation
and abuse at Makhzoumi Foundation
Makhzoumi Foundation has zero tolerance for all forms of abuse and mistreatment, including Sexual Exploitation and abuse by any of its team members. This means that:
- You should never need to exchange sexual favors to obtain assistance, employment, goods or services.
- Aid workers have a duty to treat you with respect and dignity.
- Acts of sexual exploitation and abuse committed against you are never your fault and you are not alone. You have the right to protection, safety, psychosocial, legal and medical support.
- You are encouraged to report in good faith any inappropriate behavior or suspicion of sexual exploitation and abuse, sexual harassment and other suspected violations of the Code of Conduct.
- All reports of sexual exploitation and abuse are taken very seriously and are investigated.
- Reports are handled confidentially. Your name and information will not be shared without your consent.
- Reporting incidents doesn’t affect your access to services.
If you feel you have been discriminated based on gender, ethnicity, religion, age, political affiliations or any such basis, or someone working at Makhzoumi Foundation has asked you to do something inappropriate or demanded any kind of favor in return for services or assistance, you have the right to report them.
How to report?
You can make complaints anonymously or on behalf of another person.
There are several ways to safely and confidentially report a concern or suspected misconduct:
located in Makhzoumi Foundation premises
+961 1 660890 ext: 106
You may be contacted if further information is needed.
Your safety is our priority so all complaints will be kept confidential.